Friday 21 March 2014

My mind is blown...

WOW! 

I've just returned to my desk after a lecture from textile designer Karen Nicol. I can honestly say I've never been so inspired! 

I love how genuine she seems and her work is utterly amazing. It was really eye opening to hear how she likes to use her inspiration quite literally. 
It was also really fab to hear how she always strives to be different, and enjoys collaborations for the fact that it constantly pushes you- I imagine relating to this. 

The fact that she was always driven to sell her own work meant that she developed her initial training to find her own way and make it commercial, this is really great to hear and really motivating as that's always something that has concerned me about making my career from embroidery. 

So from now on I'll be experimenting with media, freeing up my work and thinking JUST DO IT.

:) www.karennicol.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment