Wednesday 26 February 2014

History repeats itself...

Another element of art history springs to mind when I Look at these charming hand printed wallpapers by Lizzie Allen. My study of Toiles de jouy and Art Deco textiles brought to light how national events and popular goings on were depicted through motifs on fabrics at the time, not dissimilar to Lizzies wallpaper motifs...

The art history element of the course is really interesting me (despite finding it a tough slog I'm not gonna lie!), I'm loving understanding why things look the way they do/ did and how it happened in a certain way. I can see myself using art history referenced within my own work in the future.





http://www.lizzieallen.co.uk/wallpapers_2008/wallpapers_2009.html


BRDEIF, J. Toiles de Jouy P.146


No comments:

Post a Comment