Tuesday 15 October 2013

My Top Ten Totties (of the designer/maker interiors industry)- essentially shopping without spending the cash or owning the things!


In at number 1, taking the crown…CLAIRE COLES

I think the work of Claire Coles is probably the most inspiring of any wallpaper designer for me. I love her unique playful approach to something can be often be very “samey” in the industry. The collage and embroidery aspects of her wall hangings and papers make them truly gorgeous- I just want to touch them! I also really love the eclectic feel; the kind of beautiful yet slightly disheveled finish. As a textiles “product” student (this means most of my work is 3D) often I can become bored with the monotonous and similar surface designs of wall papers we see much of the time; but Claire Coles work always makes me feel inspired and excited.
www.clairecoles.com






No comments:

Post a Comment