Tuesday 15 October 2013

number 9...

Seriously, I couldn't have top ten and not have Claire Baker in it. So this may seem bias as Claire is actually a lecturer at CCAD, but seriously how could you not be in love with her work?

I adore the way in which Claire puts her own "new" stamp on old things she collects, and her use of collage is just gorgeous. It's intriguing and aesthetically pleasing :) I also aspire to the way Claire keeps things simple but in a detailed way- does that even make sense? It  does to me; she uses beautiful embroidery and colour tones within her work but it's always kept unfussy. Claire's use of embroidery is actually one of the only designer/ makers that I am genuinely in love with.  I just love it, and I hope my new mummy to be best pal loves her hot water bottle just as much too.







No comments:

Post a Comment