Tuesday 15 October 2013

Last to pip the post at number 10... Lisa Corti


Again the inspiration in this designers work comes more from how she does things rather than what she does. I love her level of passion and I love how her heritage inf;luences her work.

· Lisa Corti is a  textile designer born in Africa based in Milan. she makes Home textiles, furniture, garments, baby and ceramics 
I Love how her heritage influences her work and how she “invents” things she enjoys. I like that she uses traditional methods to portray the intensity of colours she uses. Her level of passion for fabrics and her work in general is really inspiring!

I love her quote...



“I found the essence once again in the sweet organza, the impalpable glossy coloured air, the fragment of a cloud to be touched and used. Pure colour that comes to life as substance, it is weightless and runs, cheerful and gentle, stopping at a central point. It winks and cannot be ignored. These are my tapestries."

No comments:

Post a Comment